“The foundation of every state is the education of its youth.” – Diogenes
1. No one decides to be mean.
2. Being older doesn’t mean being smarter.
3. Respect does not mean obedience.
4. If someone can tell you what to do with something it’s theirs.
5. Responsibility is usually code for control.
6. Those who have more force others to have less.
7. Angry people are afraid of something.
8. If someone forces you instead of explains, you’re smarter than they are.
9. People want you to compete because they are afraid of what you can do when you cooperate.
10. Everyone gets something out of what they are doing.
11. No one chooses how smart they are.
12. No one chooses how they feel.
13. Almost everything is a matter of opinion.
14. Smart people can be wrong.
15. The message is independent of the messenger.
16. The majority can be wrong.
17. Reality is not a democracy.
18. Academic skill does not equal intelligence.
19. There is a tool or trick to offset every weakness.
20. Those that tell you loudest to work hard often aren’t working at all.
21. You don’t have to be part of something to understand something.
22. You could be the first.
23. Hurting people doesn’t make you strong or right.
24. Removing the need for something is the best way to fight it.
25. Everything you own charges you rent.
26. Only you know your gender.
27. Laziness is not a bad thing.
28. There are always more options.
29. How you feel and think depend partly on your health.
30. Your body is your brain’s pet.
31. You have a limited amount of time, spend it wisely sell it rarely.
32. People lie because the truth is a threat to them.
33. No one can tell you what love means.
34. Revenge is an attempt to control the past.
35. Context changes meaning, and you can always add context.
36. Outliving something is better than killing it.
37. They care enough to tell you they don’t care.
38. If they tell you they’re laughing, chances are, they aren’t.
39. The truth doesn’t always look true.
40. Knowing you could be wrong does not mean you are.
41. You don’t have to be an expert to be right.
42. No one owns a fact.
43. You don’t have to earn the right to live.
44. Wealth is about luck and ethics.
45. People who want power shouldn’t get it.
46. Genius is always outnumbered.
47. Strangers are more complicated than you think.
48. Everyone has a reason.
49. Some people are immune to the truth, sometimes it’s you.
50. There will always be things you don’t know about yourself.
51. Not all things are scalable.
52. Ignorance is not the same as stupidity.
53. Maturity does not equal conformity.
54. The really good ideas aren’t always popular.
55. Writing is nearly immortal and often ignored.
56. You are always entitled to an explanation that ignores authority.
57. You do not have to be what your parents intended.
58. Truly nice people are rarely popular, they tend to hide.
59. You’re a completely different person after a while.
60. Poor people exist mainly because rich people sequester wealth.
61. It’s not holding a grudge if they continuously offend you.
62. You will outlive all the adults, that means the future is your business.
63. If they can’t tell you what’s in it for them, it’s a trap.
64. Evolution doesn’t always improve things.
65. Common sense isn’t rare, you’re just misunderstanding the actual agenda of the parties involved.
##. There are always more things to put on this list.