I ask this question to illustrate the point that there is a point when the unthinkable must become thinkable. I ask this question because it’s a good idea to anticipate this sort of thing.
We are at the worst point for civil liberties the history of the west has ever seen. To get qualitatively worse from here we’d have to break out (more of) the East German or North Korean tool box.
I mean Jesus, look around. At what point (before it’s too late of course) if not now will it be justified to openly speak about, if not overtly plan for, our last resort?
Democracy is clearly dying, if not long dead.
That isn’t hyperbole. Look at the facts. (Feel free to suggest others.)
- The congressional approval rating is at 10% and falling.
- The SCOTUS might as well formally join the Chamber of Commerce having a 100% rule in favor of rating.
- Two 1% puppets are running for president
- Killing American citizens without due process is completely legal for the government.
- Wallstreet is clearly above the law.
- Occupy has proven that protest no longer accomplishes anything of substance or duration for the 99%.
- Civil disobedience has become a felony.
- The war on drugs and the war on terror are both overt wars on the poor.
- Over 45 million people in the richest country in the world have to beg the government for food, including me.
- Nearly 20% of all human genes are patented.
- Our property idolatry has left the bottom 80% of the population with just 7% of the total global wealth.
- The only factor that matters in an election is money to hire mind warping “Pubic Relations” firms.
- It’s long been illegal to overtly call for the violent overthrow of the government under ANY circumstances.
- We’re quickly returning to the gilded age.
- 93% of all new income generated between 2009 and 2010 went to the top 1% while the bottom 99% split the remaining 7%.
- We’re spending 500 million dollars to wipe out our best chance of energy independence and curing cancer.
- It’s getting more and more illegal to be poor.
- It’s perfectly legal to consistently and systematically extort and kill the sick for profit.
Indeed, even this post, despite (this sentence and) my overt and well known opposition to violence and vengeance could be construed as incitement of some quasi illegal type.
None of that is secret, or even uncommon knowledge. The facts have literally ceased to matter.
How bad does it have to get (for everyone, not just you) before talking about revolt stops being crazy/criminal talk?
Your silence is killing people, and the next death might well be yours.
“…the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat, but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.” ~John Steinbeck
“There’s a point far out there, when the structures fail you and when the rules aren’t weapons anymore, they’re shackles, letting the bad guy get ahead… One day you may face such a moment of crisis.” ~Jim Gordon, DKR